Risk Management Program
The Risk Management Program is charged with the mission of ensuring the workplace environment safety and health of the department's 5,000 employees, and 500 vehicles, working out of 86 buildings and campuses statewide.
The Risk Management Program lowers the department's legal liability by ensuring that all department facilities, vehicles, plans, policies, and procedures address and reduce occupational health and safety hazards to the greatest degree possible and ensure a high-quality workplace for our employees.
The Risk Management Program accomplishes its missions through the following activities:
- Coordinates the department's Loss Control Committee and participates on the Accident Review Committee.
- Coordinates the Annual Risk Management Facility Surveys for all of our buildings and campuses and reports the results to State Risk Management and the Division of Facilities Construction and Management. The Annual Risk Management Surveys will be available online at: RM Self Inspection Survey
- Provides training and technical assistance for disaster preparedness, emergency responses and business continuity planning. Examples of disaster planning guidelines and templates are available online at: FEMA Disaster Planning
- Establishes the Department Emergency Operations Center(s) and coordinates the Department's disaster response activities.
- Provides training and manages the Department's 800 MHz radio communications system and other emergency communications resources.
- Provides oversight of the department's Fleet Services. More information on Fleet Services is available at: www.bas.utah.gov/motorpool.html
- Monitors the gathering and use of Worker's Compensation Fund (WCF) information, damage and injury claims, employees and vehicle accident reports, OSHA report requirements.
- Serves the Department liability issues and legal information.
- Provides information and coordination on the Americans With Disabilities Act issues.
- Provides Workplace Violence and Safety training.
- Coordinates Ergonomic assessments and evaluations.